MediGO is seeking a Software Engineer — Mobile Applications
Located in Baltimore, Maryland, MediGO is focused on increasing access to organ transplantation by optimizing a currently inefficient, costly, and opaque transplant supply chain. Developed with nationwide procurement research and global supply chain expertise, MediGO is the next generation hardware and software platform for organ transportation logistics and stakeholder communications which produces actionable data that respects the vital contribution of the donor and supports lifesaving healthcare for the recipient. MediGO uses the latest technologies in cloud- based architecture, social media applications, automation, IoT, sensors, big data, and analytics, to support organ transportation activity in the United States and the organ procurement organizations (OPOs) which broker organ delivery and acceptance. Additional customers include insurance companies, organ transportation specialists (couriers), and transplant hospitals. MediGO offers an exciting, fast paced environment for a self-starter, requiring limited direction and ready to make a real difference in people’s lives.
Job Type: Full-time
Location: One Location, Remote temporarily due to COVID-19
Benefits: 401(k), Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance, Disability Insurance, Paid Time Off
Requirements and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum 2 -5 years of recent experience in software development preferably within the healthcare industry.
- Significant experience with React Native
- Experience with some or all of the following technologies is preferred: Python 3, SQLAlchemy, Celery, PostgreSQL, Vue.js, Bootstrap, Websockets, Git, Docker, GitLab CI, and Amazon Web Services, Java, Swift and Objective C.
- Experience with mobile iOS/Android application development
- Experience consuming REST APIs, integrating third-party libraries into React Native, responsive design, automated unit testing
- Experience with git and working as part of an agile/scrum process, Agile development practices (Scrum, Lean, etc).
- Must care about MediGO’s overall mission
- Appreciate and understanding the startup culture
- Compassionate – human element is important
- Works well with leadership – can manage up
- Humble and hungry for exciting work
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Analyzing and assessing technical feasibility of product requirements
- Develop mobile app features using React Native
- Fix bugs and Write clean, maintainable code
- Integrate with third-party APIs and libraries
- Participate in code reviews
- Ensure that software changes are thoroughly tested, accepted, and that changes made during testing do not adversely affect systems and software performance.
- Conduct software demonstrations
- Monitor the mobile application software development process and providing technical consultation to team leaders and team members.
Connect with MediGO on LinkedIn