MediGO is seeking a Software Engineer
MediGO is the next generation technology platform company focused on increasing access to organ transplantation by optimizing a currently inefficient, costly, and opaque transplant supply chain. De veloped with nationwide procurement research and global supply chain expertise, MediGO is a mis sion-oriented company that respects the vital contribution of the donor and supports lifesaving healthcare for the recipient. MediGO uses the latest technologies in cloud-based architecture, social media applications, automation, IoT, sensors, big data, and analytics to support organ transportation activity in the United States. Our customer include Organ Procurement Organizations (OPOs) insur ance companies, organ transportation specialists (couriers), and transplant hospitals. MediGO offers an exciting, fast paced environment for a self-starter, requiring limited direction and ready to make a real difference in people’s lives.
Requirements and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering from an accredited college or university. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 4 -6 years of recent experience in software development
- Experience building and leading software development teams and working with senior leadership team
- Experience with some or all of the following technologies is strongly preferred: Python 3, Flask, SQLAlchemy, Celery, PostgreSQL, Bootstrap, Websockets, Git, Docker, GitLab CI, and Amazon Web Services.
- Experience with Web APIs (client and server), relational databases, and cloud architecture. Cultural profile:
- Must care about MediGO’s overall mission
- Appreciation and understanding of the startup culture
- Works well with leadership – can manage up
- Track record of building strong teams and leading – can manage down
- Humble and hungry for exciting work
- Understanding of low-level programming concepts such as sockets, asynchronous/non-blocking I/O, and multi-threading/multiprocessing.
- Familiar with Agile development practices (Scrum, Lean, etc).
- Working knowledge of a “strongly”-typed, compiled language i.e., Java, Scala, C/C++, Rust, etc. • Interest in advanced concepts such as IoT, data analytics, machine learning, and blockchain. • Some experience in small business environments
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Participate in development of multiple software modules in conjunction with product launch timeline
- Analyze and assess technical feasibility of product requirements.
- Formulate architectural and functional specs, interfaces, and data structures based on product team and customer input
- Develop system and software requirements and design documentation.
- Ensure software changes are thoroughly tested, accepted, and that hot fixes (changes made during testing) do not adversely affect systems and software performance.
- Exposure to Agile development practices (Scrum, Lean, etc).
- Interest in advanced concepts such as IoT, data analytics, machine learning, and blockchain. • Some experience in small business environments
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- On location; 2-3 days in Baltimore office
Visa Sponsorship Potentially Available:
This Job Is:
• A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply