MediGO is seeking a Senior Software Engineer
Located in Baltimore, Maryland, MediGO is focused on increasing access to organ transplantation by optimizing a currently inefficient, costly, and opaque transplant supply chain. Developed with nationwide procurement research and global supply chain expertise, MediGO is the next generation hardware and software platform for organ transportation logistics and stakeholder communications which produces actionable data that respects the vital contribution of the donor and supports lifesaving healthcare for the recipient. MediGO uses the latest technologies in cloud- based architecture, social media applications, automation, IoT, sensors, big data, and analytics, to support organ transportation activity in the United States and the organ procurement organizations (OPOs) which broker organ delivery and acceptance. Additional customers include insurance companies, organ transportation specialists (couriers), and transplant hospitals. MediGO offers an exciting, fast paced environment for a self-starter, requiring limited direction and ready to make a real difference in people’s lives.
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Baltimore, MD
Requirements and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering from an accredited college or university.
Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 7 -10 years of recent experience in software development preferably within the
- Experience with some or all of the following technologies is strongly preferred: Python 3, Flask,
SQLAlchemy, Celery, PostgreSQL, Vue.js, Bootstrap, Websockets, Git, Docker, GitLab CI, and
Amazon Web Services.
- Experience with Web APIs (client and server), relational databases, and cloud architecture.
- Must care about MediGO’s overall mission
- Appreciate and understanding the startup culture
- Compassionate – human element is important
- Works well with leadership – can manage up
- Track record of building strong teams and leading – can manage down
- Humble and hungry for exciting work
- Understanding of low-level programming concepts such as sockets, asynchronous/non-blocking I/O, and multi-threading/multiprocessing.
- Practical understanding of common design patterns.
- Experience with mobile application development.
- Exposure to Agile development practices (Scrum, Lean, etc).
- Working knowledge of a “strongly”-typed, compiled language, such as Java, Scala, C/C++, Rust,
- Interest in advanced concepts such as IoT, data analytics, machine learning, and blockchain.
- Some experience in small business environments
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Analyzing and assessing technical feasibility of product requirements.
- Formulating architectural and functional specs, interfaces, and data structures based on product team and customer input.
- Developing system and software requirements and design documentation.
- Developing test plans, test descriptions, test procedures, and test reports.
- Verifying implementation of system and software requirements.
- Performing code reviews.
- Ensuring that software changes are thoroughly tested, accepted, and that changes made during testing do not adversely affect systems and software performance.
- Conducting software demonstrations.
- Monitoring the software development process and providing technical consultation to team leaders and team members.
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- One location
Visa Sponsorship Potentially Available:
This Job Is:
- A job for which military-experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
Interested candidates apply below:
SEND RESUME TO:firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com